All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirement of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
2.1 The Data Protection Officer/GDPR Owner is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to Peter Dann Limited collecting/processing their personal data.
2.2 All Employees/Staff of Peter Dann Limited who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3. PRIVACY NOTICE
Who are we?
Peter Dann Limited is an engineering consultancy specialising in structural and civil design. We offer a broad range of services within the construction industry, covering all sectors including commercial, education, industrial, hotel and leisure, medical, residential, restoration, modular and retail.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Peter Dann Limited, will collect and use your personal data. We collect information in the following ways:
• When personal data is provided by you or the entity you work for via post, email, telephone, or in person
• Where you, or the entity you work for, engage with us to provide a service, through our website or through other means
• To respond to your enquiries
• To send you information you have requested
• When you request information on our services
• To facilitate any interest in a career at Peter Dann Limited.
Why does Peter Dann Limited need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide our consultancy (and other related services) we need to collect personal data in order to communicate with you, complete transactions, or fulfil our legal or contractual obligations. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Peter Dann Limited would only contact you if you have provided your consent.
Will Peter Dann Limited share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Peter Dann Limited in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfill the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfill this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Peter Dann Limited’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Peter Dann Limited use the personal data it collects about me?
Peter Dann Limited will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the GDPR. We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Peter Dann Limited is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Peter Dann contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that Peter Dann Limited holds about me?
Peter Dann Limited at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Peter Dann Limited does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
• Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data
• The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing
• If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Peter Dann Limited or a third party, information about those interests
• The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed
• Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to
• If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information
• How long the data will be stored
• Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing
• Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time
• How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority
• Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data
• The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Peter Dann Limited accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested. You will need to provide two of the following:
• Driving licence
• Birth certificate
• Utility bill (from last 3 months)
• Current vehicle registration document
• Bank statement (from last 3 months)
• Rent book (from last 3 months).
Contact details of the GDPR Owner
Peter Dann Limited
Telephone: 01223 264688
Contact details of the supervisory authority
Information Commissioner’s Office